If you want to learn more about SEO, one of the ways to do so is by reading tips published by experienced professionals. Here is a few blogs and news sites that we follow:
1. SEOmoz is a great resource for both beginner SEOs as well as those with some experience. Key features of the site include:
- a frequently updated and easy to understand blog with lots of useful tips
- a comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to SEO
- several useful online tools that let you analyse your own site as well as snoop on competitors links
2. SEO Gadget is a London based search engine optimisation agency. Richard Baxter and his team publish on their blog real life examples of link-building tactics and online strategies. Some may be a bit too advanced for beginners, but we definitely recommend having a look.
3. Search Engine Land doesn’t focus so much on teaching search engine optimisation as on providing fresh news from the search engine world. However, for anyone interested in online marketing, it’s definitely a place worth keeping bookmarked.
4. Another quality search engine news site is Search Engine Journal. While you’ll find that some of the news stories on Search Engine Land and Search Engine Journal will inevitably overlap, following both will make sure you don’t miss anything important.
5. SEO by the Sea is primarily targeted to the more advanced SEO. Bill Slawski, the owner of the website publishes reviews of key search engine patents that give a glimpse into the inner workings of Google, Bing & Yahoo.
There’s a wealth of quality SEO information being published on the Web and the list above is just the tip of the iceberg. Do you have your favourites? If so, share them in the comments below or on our Facebook page.